Due Week 9 and worth 100 points
Visit a museum or art gallery before the end of Week 9. If you are unable to get to a museum or gallery within your area, then a “create your own museum” assignment can be completed in its place (see Option 2 details below). The museum or gallery should have content that fits our course well. Here is some information about the museum visit in person:
- It makes sense to approach a museum the way a seasoned traveler approaches visiting a city for the first time. Find out what is available to see. In the museum, find out what sort of exhibitions are currently housed in the museum and start with the exhibits that interest you.
- If there is a traveling exhibition, it’s always a good idea to see it while you have the chance. Then, if you have time, you can look at other things.
- The quality of your experience is not measured by the amount of time you spend in the galleries or the number of works of art that you see.
- The most rewarding experiences can come from finding ten (10) works of art by five (5) different artists who intrigue you and then considering those works in leisurely contemplation. Most museums have benches where you can sit and study a particular piece.
Option 1: Visiting a Museum
Write a two to three (2-3) page report (500-750 words) that describes your experience.
- Clearly identify the event location, date attended, the attendees, and your initial reaction upon arriving at the museum or gallery.
- Provide specific information and a description of at least ten (10) pieces by a minimum of five (5) different artists.
- Provide a summary of the pieces and describe your overall reaction after viewing them.
- Use the class text as a reference (additional sources are fine, but not necessary unless required by your content). Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Option 2: Create and Curate Your Own Art Museum
For this paper, you will select and curate ten (10) works of art to include in your own Art Museum. Use the text and online sources to help you find these works of art. This assignment is an alternative option for visiting a museum or art gallery.
After researching, answer the following questions by writing a two to three (2-3) page report, (750-800 words) that describes your experience.
- Select ten (10) works of art from at least five (5) artists from different time periods discussed in the text, 18th century to modern times.
- Provide a brief description of each piece and a picture if possible, explaining why you chose each piece.
- Describe where and how you would display each piece, whether individually or grouped together.
- Describe the museum attendees, the admission charges, the advertising programs, and your role as museum founder and curator. Give your museum a name and a location.
- Use at least the class text as a reference (additional sources are fine but not necessary unless required by your content). Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. (Note: Students can find Strayer Writing Standards materials located in the Additional Resources section of their Student Center within their course shell for reference.)
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
- Examine the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
- Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post art museum 2 appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.