When it comes to “special parties” in life, weddings and baby showers come up ‘tops’ on the list!
This article will reveal all the very many creative ways to use poems poems ! Read the reasons I list below to see “why.”
Our Focus will be on these areas:
- Why use poems at a baby shower?
- Who comes up with the poems ?
- Do you have to be a poet?
- Sources of “Poemspiration”
- Poems in the invitations
- At the party, who reads the poems ?
- How do I implement the poems into the Baby Shower Party?
- Thank You Poems
- Cake Poems
- Poems for Activities
- Poems for Favors
- Poems for Departure of Guests
- poems poems poems poems poems poems poems scattered throughout the baby shower (more later)….and the final “thank you” for attending poem …(or, perhaps you as the host would have a wonderful sentimental “thank you for coming” poem written in advance by the mother-to-be, not telling her WHEN the party is, if it is a surprise. This could prove very touching and meaningful to the guests who attended.)
7.) IMPLEMENTING THE POEMS INTO THE BABY SHOWER.
This is a fun creative part, too! Enjoy really giving this part good thought! Some ideas would be as follows (but use this as a ‘jumping-off point’):
- A Welcoming Poem to the guests as each arrives. (Perhaps scrolled and placed in an inexpensive tiny baby bottle?).
- The Host can welcome the guests after they are all there in poem and also introduce the mother of the mother-to-be in poem .
- The mother of the mother-to-be can stand and then read a personal poem written to her daughter who is now a mother-to-be for the first time…and also address one to her grandchild to be (also, she can then hand them to her daughter perhaps framed for a wonderful heartfelt keepsake! The baby will love this when the baby is older!).
- The Host can start the party games/activities with poems and also end each activity/game with another poem for the categories of winner, loser, best effort, most creative,etc. Make them fun and related to the activity! The more giggles you get, the more bonding is done and the more heartfelt enjoyment by all.
- There are more ways which I will cover later (below). But, these are some to get you going!
8.) THANK YOU POEMS
Well, this can actually be two categories: thank you for attending and thank you for the gift.
- Thank you for Attending Poems . This can be a poem read by the Host (or if done in advance by the mother-to-be) to the guests.
- Thank you for the gift poem . This is written by the mother-to-be after the party (after all, she needs time!). She can write a cute poem that incorporates the gift received. It can be brief but it will tie-in the poem theme (within a theme!). It also will show the sincere heartfelt thanks by the mother-to-be, as it takes time and effort to do this.
- Another cool thank you poems poems at a baby shower!
The results should be nothing but fantastic for your Baby Shower!