Review the Training in Action 1-3 scenario titled, “Training Needs in the Student Registration Office” in Chapter 1 of the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text. Assume that you were hired to develop a training program for the Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) as described in the scenario. Identify four of the most important KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes) a training program for the CSRs must address and include your reasoning for selecting these. Discuss the specific activities to be performed in the five phases of the training process model: Analysis Phase, Design Phase, Development Phase, Implementation Phase, and Evaluation Phase.
Use this week’s lecture as a foundation for your initial post. Incorporate into your discussion the transfer of training concepts from the Jaidev and Chirayath (2012) article with an emphasis on pre-training, during-training, and post-training activities. Utilize concepts from the Develop a Training Plan video and the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text in your discussion. Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words.
Respond to at least two other posts regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your reply, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from the posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your initial discussion thread and your classmates’ postings?
- Compare the KSAs you identified with those identified by others.
- What are the differences or similarities in the activities identified for the five phases of the training process model between your initial discussion thread and others?
- Analyze your classmates’ chosen KSAs. Do you agree or disagree with the choices? Why or why not? Provide examples where possible.
Your reply posts should be a minimum of 150-250 words each.