1) Read the Hypothetical Case Problem #1 at the end of Chapter 1 and respond to these questions:
- If Javier sued Energy-Auto Inc., identify who would be the plaintiff and the defendant.
- In which state or states can the suit be brought?
- Assume that Javier incurred $100,000 in damages.
- Analyze whether the suit can be brought in federal court
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of federal versus state court for this type of suit.
2) In Chapter 1 of the text you read about the Bailey v. Eminem
defamation case where the court held Eminem’s lyrics were protected by
the First Amendment. Read the article and view the video (the links are
listed under Week 1 Additional Learning Resources Required and Week 1
Multimedia Required) to the Pahler v. Slayer case. Respond to the following questions:
- Did the Pahler court use the same reasoning as used in Bailey v. Eminem?
- Should the court’s decision in Pahler be different because a young girl was murdered?
- Recall the difference between a crime and a tort. Based on these two cases, analyze and discuss whether artists should be held liable for the actions of their fans.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Business law appeared first on Top Premier Essays.