Leading Groups, Facilitating Groups, and Reading People
Complete the assigned readings, and in this final discussion for HUM 6100, instruct the class regarding:
- What have you learned about effective facilitation that will help your peers facilitate groups of consumers in the future?
- What have you learned about nonverbal communication and body language?
Include the following in your initial post:
- Describe what you feel are the least and most effective styles of leadership, providing an example describing an effective leader that you admire and/or one for whom you have less admiration.
- Provide one or more resources that will help your peers continue to grow as facilitators of small and/or large groups.
- Describe three ways of communicating nonverbally and explain how this communication is harmful or helpful in your relationship with human services consumers.
Substantively respond to a minimum of two peers by Day 7 of Week 6. Critically evaluate your classmates’ presentations, offering constructive criticism and recommendations.
The main discussion post should consist of 450-650 words. Please cite and reference your main post in APA format.
- Present your research question as two or three versions, based on the different approaches you have explored that seem most appropriate to your research problem and purpose.
- Make a case for why each approach would work.
- Identify the approach you believe best fits your research question. Then, re-formulate the question based on the approach you selected.
- Describe how the approach you selected will direct the procedures you will later develop.
- Summarize your choice of theoretical framework for your prospectus. Justify how your choice aligns with your current choice of research question and approach. If they are not aligned, choose a more appropriate framework.
- Given your choice of approach, describe what data collection tools will be most appropriate to consider. Note: This is not a commitment to use all of the tools you identify; rather, it is meant to be a reflection on what is possible given your choice of approach.
The post Describe what you feel are the least and most effective styles of leadership, providing an example describing an effective leader that you admire and/or one for whom you have less admiration. appeared first on nursing writers.