should be include work cite pages for both homework
PART 1: How Climate Change Affects You (10 points)
- 1) Go to the EPA website Climate Change Impacts by State and choose Texas. Summarize what you learned from the Fact Sheet. (5 points)
- 2) What is your opinion after reading this Fact Sheet? What can be done to prevent these negative impacts due to climate change? â€”do some additional research on the internet to answer this question! Remember to include your references. (5 points)
- 3) If you simply copy/paste, you will receive a zero for cheating! Your work will be checked using SafeAssign software.
PART 2: How You Contribute to Climate Change and How You Can Do Your Part to Helpâ€”Knowing Your Carbon Footprint (10 points)
- 1) Do you know what your carbon footprint is (for you and your family)? Go to the EPA website Carbon Footprint Calculator and follow all the instructions to calculate your Carbon Footprint.
- 2) (2 pts) Calculate the carbon footprint for your household using your information. (You will not receive credit for using the US averages automatically programmed into the calculator. While this is a faster method, it is less accurate!) (use the number around 130-160$ for water bill)
- 3) (2 pts) In each of the sections, you have options to lower your footprint. What are some ways you are willing to lower your carbon footprint?
- 4) (4 pts) When you are finished, click on â€œView Your Report.â€ Summarize your results or copy/paste them within your document.
- 5) (2 pts) Conclude with your thoughts about the calculator and the results you obtained.
Water and wastewater treatment plants in developed countries provide potable water and help prevent discharge of pollutants into waterways. Even areas that are arid or have fewer natural water resources can provide these conveniences through built infrastructure. For example, the Hoover Dam provides water to southwestern United States. Developed countries also have many environmental regulations to protect the environment and human health. Even with regulations, however, environmental accidents of widely varying ranges can still threaten our environment. The BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 is a great example.
Less developed countries often do not have the necessary resources to provide treatment facilities and/or enforce environmental regulations. In fact, many people do not have easy access to potable water, or they must watch as industry contaminates their water, without the ability to take legal action.
Part 1: Summarize a Water Conflict (15 points)
Find information about a conflict over a water supply or water quality issue anywhere in the worldâ€” even right here in the US! â€” and summarize the conflict. If you do not provide references or simply copy/paste, you will receive a zero for cheating! Please use APA or MLA guidelines for formatting your references and in-text citations. Your work will be checked using SafeAssign software.
* There are many, many examples of water issues to choose from, so please do not choose Flint, Michigan (or the Ogallala Aquifer because I discussed this one in class). I do not want to read 46 papers on the same topic, nor give you a zero for not following directions. ðŸ˜Š
Part 2: Water Conservation (5 points)
In the US, many regions have a surplus of water and never worry about â€œrunning outâ€ so we tend to abuse our water instead of conserving it. List at least 5 ways you can conserve water starting today that are realistic and cost-effective. (I am not expecting you to write answers such as â€œinstall new water efficient, two-flush toilets,â€ but you can â€œturn off the water when brushing your teethâ€). Remember to include your references.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.