National Library of Medicine. (2014). What is Gene therapy? Genetics Home Reference. Retrieved fromhttp://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/therapy/genetherapy
Also research any other sources that you find appropriate on the topic of gene therapy, genetic heredity, and inheritance. Then, in your main post, answer the following discussion questions:
- How does DNA play a role in inheritance?
- Give an example of a dominant and recessive genetic disorder.
- Give an example of an X- and Y- linked disorder.
- How can genetics help to predict diseases?
- What role does a genetic counselor play in helping families with known genetic diseases?
- What disease(s) is gene therapy currently being tested on?
- Has gene therapy been approved in the United States?
- If gene therapy has been approved in the US, what is it being used to treat?
- If gene therapy has not been approved in the US, why not?
- What are some of the safety issues associated with gene therapy?
- Do you believe that gene therapy is ethical? Why or why not?
APA format and must pass a plagiarizer check. 200-250 words