For this weekâ€s Discussion, you examined guidelines proposed by organizations involved in health care quality and patient safety. Whereas many of the guidelines addressed in the Discussion may be considered optional or supplementary, CMS standards (core measures) set a precedent for health care organizations throughout the United States. The “Hospital Compare” Web site presents information on quality captured for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services, including core measures such as Heart Attack Process of Care Measures, Heart Failure Process of Care Measures, Pneumonia Process of Care Measures, and Surgical Care Improvement Project Process of Care Measures.
To prepare for this Application:
- Peruse the Hospital Compare Web site: http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html
Click on the link at the right, Learn More about Hospital Process of Care Measures, and read this background information.
Then read through the Process of Care measures at:
- Using the Walden library and credible Web sites, conduct additional research to learn more about the CMS standards (core measures).
- Evaluate the CMS standards (core measures).
- Compare the CMS standards with the guidelines proposed by one other organization of your choosing. (You may select the same organization you focused on in the Discussion, or choose a different one from that list.) Be sure to consider similarities and differences, as well as the strengths and limitations of each organization’s guidelines.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Analyze the CMS standards (core measures).
- Compare the CMS standards with the guidelines proposed by one other organization. Based on this comparison, would you recommend that a health care setting adopt this organizationâ€s guidelines as supplementary to CMSâ€s? Why or why not?
- Briefly analyze the relationships among various aspects of health care quality and safety, including the creation of standards, accreditation, certification, credentialing, and continuing education. Describe the benefits and constraints associated with these approaches for promoting quality.
MUST USE 3-4 RESOURSES AND SIGHT WITHIN PAPER AND PROVID REFERENCE PAGE
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this weekâ€s Learning Resources and from additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Quality Standards Comparison first appeared on nursing writers.