Week 8 Team C Worksheet
CJ is a 22-year-old that has a history asthma since childhood. He was tested for allergies and demonstrated marked responses to a number of animals, pollens, and molds. CJ also has a history of asthma related to exposure to very cold weather.
1. Describe the pathophysiology of an acute asthma attack in CJ following exposure to cats.
2. Describe the early signs and symptoms of an acute asthma attack and relate each of these to the pathophysiologic changes taking place in the lungs. Identify each a subjective or objective finding.
3. If you were updating a medical and drug history for CJ, list several significant questions that you should ask.
4. Is asthma considered an obstructive or restrictive respiratory condition? Explain your answer.
5. Explain how a beta2-adrenergic agent is helpful in treating asthma and how it is usually administered.
6. In addition to beta2-adrenergic agents, identify one other pharmacologic and one other non-pharmacologic intervention that can be used to help manage acute asthma attacks and correct the pathophysiology that is occurring. Explain how each help return the body to a homeostatic state.
7. What is the term for a prolonged asthma attack? Explain the pathophysiology that occurs and how this can lead to respiratory distress and failure. Identify 3 signs or symptoms of impending respiratory distress.
8. Identify 2 preventative measures that CJ can take to help manage his disease and keep his body in a homeostatic state. Explain how this will impact the disease process.
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Respiratory Disorders | | Nursing Homework Help Service first appeared on nursing writers.