- Due May 6 by 11:59pm
- Points 20
- Submitting a file upload
- File Types doc and docx
- Available Apr 8 at 12am – May 6 at 11:59pm 29 days
Before starting this assignment, read throughand , and review the lesson on Families. This assignment gives you an opportunity to illustrate your knowledge and understanding of the course concept of family and how it relates to the real world, especially your personal world. When writing the paper think of how you would explain or teach these concepts to someone who has never heard of them and/or how you would present them in front of a class like this one. How would you describe the concepts to them? What examples would you use to illustrate the concepts? Read the guidelines below for how to approach this activity.
- Review the functionalist perspectives on family in the textbook, lesson, and .
- Define/describe the four key functions of family.
- Apply and discuss the four key functions to your family of orientation (the family you grew up in) or family of procreation (your spouse and/or children), and give examples from your family to illustrate the functions.
- Define and/describe the Conflict theory on family and apply it to your family.
- Finally, Discuss which theory, functionalism or conflict theory, is better for explaining the purpose and role of family in society and why.
This paper should be about 750-1300 word or about 3 to 5 double spaced typed pages. Attach your paper as a doc or docx file. Treat this as a formal paper. Use proper grammar, and logical, readable organizational structure (see attached essay structure example file) for an example of good organizational structure). Refrain from using contractions (don’t, can’t, etc). The format should be paragraphs as opposed to lists.
It is not necessary to use references besides our textbook, lesson, or
, but if you choose to use other references, make sure that they are cited properly in
MLA format (Links to an external site.). Be sure to cite the text book, as everyone should be using it as a starting reference. Also, references like Wikipedia (encyclopedias of any kind) and dictionary.com (dictionaries of any kind) are not acceptable references for a scholarly college level paper. Do not use them.
Upload your paper in .docx or .doc format.
For help with submitting assignments, watch the Assignment Submissions video (Links to an external site.).
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post sociology paper 9 appeared first on Top Premier Essays.