1. Case Summary and the Narrative Format: The case summary is supposed to be on the Real time case assigned for the unit. In Unit 5, it is Real-Time Case 15: FedEx. . In other words, “these firms” refers only to FedEx. Remember to use the narrative format in your summary, and remember as well to focus on discussing strategic issues from the past 12 months; i.e. real time information from the internet.
2. Case Analysis #1: The first question is very self explanatory. In the second question, you will analyze whether FedEx’s distinctive competence can be used for sustained competitive advantage. It will be a good idea to review what you read in Unit 1 about the Resource Based View and combine it with the SWOT analysis.
3. Case Analysis #2: This is a very straightforward question on crisis management. Crisis management is one of the topics in your READ assignment for this unit. I will simply look at how well you integrate the concepts in your reading into your analysis, given the two crises you identify.
4. Application: The application is about strategy formulation. Make sure you state clearly which strategy you would pursue at each level, that is, Corporate, Business Unit, and Functional. Please identify your strategies using the terms in the textbook. For example, under corporate level strategies, the alternatives are Growth, Stability, and Retrenchment. Under growth, the options are further divided into internal and external. It will be a good idea to review chapters 6, 7, 8, and 9 for correct terminology. Keep this essay concise and to the point. It is possible to write lots of pages on this question, but you need to maintain the 300 to 400 word limit. Under the functional strategies, for example, limit your discussion to only one or two pertinent dimensions, not the whole cornucopia of functional strategies.
Please remember that you need to meet the research requirement through scholarly journal articles, not textbooks.
1. In a narrative format, discuss FedEx from a strategic perspective. Information concerning recent changes in the firm is readily available online and should be accessed. Strategic issues should be discussed in “real time.”
2. How has Fedex managed to maintain technical superiority (i.e., reliability, service, package tracking, etc.) in its industry? Can Fedex continue to do so in the future? Why or why not?
3. Give examples of two prominent crises FedEx could face in the future. What steps should the company take to prepare for these crises?
4. Suppose you are the CEO of a start-up firm in the package delivery industry. You have plenty of capital to work with, but little infrastructure and no management team in place. What strategy would you pursue and why?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post strategy formulation execution amp control appeared first on Top Premier Essays.