Rock structures (folds and faults) are created by the stresses that deform the rocks. Write a one-page explanation of how the various stresses in a rock result in the various folds and faults.
- Name the three principle types of stressors that are used in forming faults and folds. (Remember: Keep It Simple – I want you to use your own words and answer these questions simply.)
- Name the three principle types of strain that are used in forming faults and folds. (Note: These are different than stressors.)
- What is the most commonly associated stressor for folds?
- What are the two most common folds found? For each fold, explain the shape the fold makes. (4 points)
- What are the three categories of faults? (Hint: The categories are the two larger sectional headings in section 10.4 of this week’s reading assignment.) For each category, describe how the plates/rock move in comparison to each other and what the commonly associated stressor is (remember that stressors and strains are different). (8 points)
- Make sure that every response to questions 1 through 6 has an APA intext citation of the source used to answer the questions. (0.5 points per question response; 3 points total)
- Below, create the reference list of all sources utilized in completing this assignment. Make sure that the reference list is in APA format. (1 point total)