The case assignments will be:
Individual Case Study Assignment: Case 13 – Twitter. Please note that Part 1 is due in Week 5 2/16/2020
Complete a case study of ABC Corporation (your instructor will assign the specific company for the case study at the beginning of Module/Week 2) . You will find the case in the case section of the text.
A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire strategic management process. Assume you are a consult asked by the ABC Corporation to analyze its external/internal environment and make strategic recommendations. You must include exhibits to support your analysis and recommendations.
The case study must include these components:
· A total of 10–12 pages of text plus the exhibits (Part 1 and Part 2)
· Cover page (must include the company name, your group name, the date of submission, and a references page; the document must follow current APA guidelines)
· Matrices, which must be exhibits/attachments in the appendix and not part of the body of the analysis (The Strategy Club has excellent templates/examples for exhibits and matrices: http://strategyclub.com/free-student-template/)
Case study deliverables (text must follow this order with current APA level headings for each component):
1. Existing mission, objectives, and strategies
2. A new mission statement (include the number of the component in parenthesis before addressing that component)
Great mission statements address these 9 components:
· Customers: Who are the firm’s customers?
· Products or services: What are the firm’s major products or services?
· Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
· Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
· Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and financial soundness?
· Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
· Self-concept: What is the firm’s distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
· Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental concerns?
· Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
3. Analysis of the firm’s existing business model