Luxury coach tours are having something of a revival. While many travellers choose to visit European cities, there are still plenty of great trips available within the UK.
We look at ten of the most popular coach tour destinations within the UK. Hopefully we’ll give you some inspiration for the next time that you are planning a trip.
1. London: The capital city has plenty to offer but many of us are put off visiting because of the hassle involved in making our way into the heart of the city. Allow a professional coach company to take the strain for you.
2. The Lake District: Some of the most stunning scenery in the country, with a number of operators offering itineraries that allow you to spend time relaxing in the Lake District.
3. Blackpool: The UK’s largest seaside resort retains a combination of Victorian charm and modern thrills. Enjoy the spectacular Illuminations too – Blackpool is a great place to visit throughout the year.
4. Oxford: With its famous university and historic centre, Oxford retains an enduring popularity. As with London, a coach tour is a great way to avoid the hassle of driving through the city’s packed streets.
5. Stonehenge: One of the greatest historic sites in Europe. A range of coach tours provide access to Stonehenge.
6. The Eden Project: The most popular attraction in Cornwall is a great way to learn about the plants and trees that exist on our planet.
7. Bath: The Roman baths in the city have recently been restored, ensuring that Bath will attract visitors in record numbers.
8. Edinburgh: With its castle, Royal Mile, shopping and visitor attractions, many choose to take the coach to the Scottish capital city.
9. Alton Towers: The UK’s most spectacular theme park makes for a great family day out.
10. Windsor: A popular touring destination, thanks to its castle and associated attractions.